Planning the Funeral Service
We will be on hand to guide you through all the arrangements which need to be made. We can meet with you at one of our offices, or in your own home should you prefer. Every funeral is different, but you may find it helpful to consider the following points.
- Did the person who has died have any kind of pre-paid plan or insurance policy?
- Have they left any specific instructions in their Will, or with a close relative or friend?
- Will there be a religious or nonreligious ceremony?
- Would you prefer a burial or cremation?
- If you would like a burial, will it be in a council run cemetery or would you like a Woodland Burial?
- Would you like us to provide printed Orders of Service?
- Are there any particular readings, songs or music you would like to form part of the service?
- Are there any particular anecdotes to mention during the Tribute (or Eulogy) about the person who has died?
- Would you like the funeral procession to go from the person’s home, or should everyone meet at the place of the ceremony?
- Would you like a notice put in the newspaper?
- Would you like flowers from everyone, just from family, or none at all?
- Would you like us to handle charitable donations on your behalf?
- Will you require a venue or catering for after the service?
- Will you require a headstone or other memorial plaque?
- If you would prefer a cremation, what are your final intentions for the ashes?